Syracuse, NY — It’s been a long time, everyone. Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. The last few weeks have been pretty busy. Road trips to Connecticut, Maryland, and Poughkeepsie have kept me away.
Here are some things I’ve learned and done over the last month or so:
- “Tree of Life” is one hell of a movie. The cinematography, writing, acting – impeccable. Director Terrence Malick really has outdone himself. For those of you who haven’t seen it. Be warned. It’s not a movie for those of you looking for explosions, hot sex, and car chases. I saw the movie with my mom and dad, who weren’t really sold on it. My mom, in particular, hated it. I haven’t seen her openly despise a movie since she saw “No Country For Old Men,” which ended up taking home the “Best Picture” Oscar in 2007. So in other words, “Tree of Life” has a really good chance of taking home a gold statue.
- Reverse ageism is very much a real thing, especially in Syracuse. Long story short, if you look like a college kid at a descent restaurant filled with a bunch of geriatrics, don’t expect to be taken seriously. I guess their money is just a little bit greener.
- Writing ab0ut the people of the Internet is a lot of fun.
- Connecticut really can’t handle snow storms.
- Ray Lewis once killed a guy. I technically already knew that but I thought I should just put it out there.
- You can take six Colombians out of the jungle, get them an American education (one who got his doctorate at Stanford and makes sure everyone around him knows it) and well paying jobs and still be completely delusional. That’s the case with my aunts and uncles who are putting their faith in this stuff to save an ailing family member. It’s sad, upsetting and everything in between. And I’m not just talking about this so-called remedy. At the end of the day, more time should be spent interacting with this sick person instead of giving her this junk.
- Tumblr blogs are pretty cool. Keep an eye out at the East Coast Post redux for some quick, image heavy, posts.
- Take a listen to M83 and read my friends interview with the man himself (Oh, and this jam, from a completely different artist, is great.)
- Halloween in Boston is a riot.
- Who says you can’t put up a Christmas tree two months early?
- Two and half years after finding my dads old Polaroid and I still can’t get enough. Enjoy.